For over 40 years, we have specialized in Solar. Our expertise spans across PV, Pool, hot water heating, and batteries. We take immense pride in our work and our reputation, consistently receiving high ratings across platforms. While we have expanded into other areas of home care, such as roofing and maintenance, solar remains at the heart of our operations. As a family-run, employee-owned small business, we seek passionate experts dedicated to high-quality work.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct teams on residential and commercial projects.
- Ensure timely and efficient completion of all projects.
- Collaborate with office and field personnel for smooth project execution.
- Set project objectives and develop schedules.
- Ensure field employees adhere to all codes and maintain necessary documentation.
- Conduct regular QA/QC inspections to uphold our quality standards.
- Read and interpret plans and blueprints; manage installations from start to finish.
- Collaborate with the roof lead and motivate teams to meet quotas and deadlines.
- Inspect electrical systems for hazards, defects, and compliance.
- Communicate potential construction issues to relevant parties.
- Assemble, install, and maintain electrical equipment using hand and power tools.
- Adhere to California OSHA and corporate safety standards.
- Attend safety, operations, and milestone meetings.
- Deliver exceptional customer service throughout installations.
- Read and retain information from plan sets and CAD drawings.
- Address job-related calls and queries.
- Analyze project requirements and meet set deadlines.
- Comprehensive understanding of the solar installation process.
- 2-5 years of experience in the Solar industry, specifically with residential and commercial systems.
- Proficiency in computers, software, phone applications, and digital cameras.
- Current Journeyman certification (preferred).
- Knowledge of PV racking, inverter equipment, and installation of various brands.
- Skill in installing battery backup and generator systems is a plus.
- Ability to read PV-CAD designs and interpret electrical plans.
- In-depth knowledge of NEC codes and AC/DC electrical systems.
- Decision-making that benefits the crew and company.
- Proven leadership in managing construction crews.
- Effective material ordering and tracking.
- Independent work with minimal oversight.
- Team management skills, including time, attendance, safety, and quality.
- Continuous improvement and development mindset.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to process efficiency.
Preferred Education & Skills:
- Familiarity with OSHA standards; minimum current OSHA 10 certification.
- Physical abilities: sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and operating equipment. Ability to lift/move up to 75 lbs and work at heights.